Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"IT'S JUST A VIRUS"

....the FOUR dreaded words when you take your kids to the Dr. And, you know how much it costs us to hear those FOUR words??? About $70 bucks! One of my kids has had a "virus" for the past month and half. It all started around Thanksgiving when Jake got Strep Throat. I'm pretty sure he had it back to back but the Dr. said the second time it was a "virus" without even testin him for strep. Which by the way, that's about $120 bucks!!! All 3 kids then had coughs/sniffles thru December then day after Christmas Joe & I got the sore throat/cough "virus" and Jake had the stomach flu that ended with another sore throat/cough/fever that lasted pretty much the rest of Christmas break. But, another trip to the Dr. and those four words again!!!! Finallly, the kids WENT BACK TO SCHOOL (very short lived woo-hoo!!!) last Wednesday and sure enough Justin came down with the stomach flu Wednesday night. Got over the stomach part then I thought he might have strep or an ear infection so I took him to the Dr. and guess what???? It was a freakin' "virus". Go home drink fluids, take some tylenol she says. Gee thanks.... Now, Jake is again running a fever!!! He started feeling sick Sunday (yeah, during my b'day dinner....whatever!!) and went to bed with a 102 degree temp. I guess I shouldn't of let him go to the Warriors game Monday but he insisted so I medicted to boy up and sent him on his way. When he got home needless to say he looked thrashed!!!! So, here we are Tuesday...Justin still hacking, but sent him to school anyways....and Jake with a fever and barking cough....do I take him back to hear he has a "virus" or no?!?!? One more trip to Walmart for Meds and I'll scream!!! One good thing has come out of my kids being sick though (demented, huh?!?!?) Remember my "Laundry Sucks" post??? Well, I can officially say that the last black garbage bag full of dirty clothes is now in the dryer!!!!!!!

So, that's my rant for the day!!! I need a night away from sick kids and go figure for the first month in 6-7 years we are not having Bunco on this coming 3rd Friday of the month!!!!!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Oh gees..what is a virus anyway??
Blanket term for you are sick..
I hope you guys get better real soon. I am super jealous of the laundry thing though!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Virus are horrible....they just fester and hang out.....it's Steph by the way....hope he's feeling better soon

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home