Friday, June 29, 2007

NOTHING SAYS RELAXING...

...like a little BBQ on a Friday night, a nice glass of Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin...voted BEST red wine at Steph's Wine Tasting Party by the way.....like a four year old swallowing a FREAKIN MAGNETIX BALL!!! Yeah, that would be Joshy! Just finished dinner, poured a 2nd glass for myself to sit and watch the kids play Big Brain Academy on Wii when the freakout happened!!! It was the weirdest moment....Joshy had this freaked out panicked look on his face and was hysterical crying.....the ball obviously had gone down but he was freaking out that the Dr. would have to "cut his throat with a knife and he was going to die". Thanks goodness for Justin for getting him to calm down while I was on the phone with the Advice Nurse & Poison Control. And, bless Jake's heart he was trying to console Joshy but was more concerned with "how this would affect our trip to Lake Almanor" Oh brotherly love! Anyways, Posion Control said it should pass in 2-4 days, so lucky us, we get to play with poop while on vacation! Fun stuff I tell ya! So, as long as he doesn't have any stomach pains or throwing up he should be fine and it will just pass...thru poop....ick! Those who know Josh though know how OCD he is and I must say how pathetically sad it is hearing him ask me every 2 seconds "I'm not going to die, rigbt, Mommy"?? Poor little buddy!! Hopefully he will learn from this because JOshy is ALWAYS putting things in his mouth....

Stay tuned for all the details of the passing....

And, by the way, did you know that kids HAVE died from swallowing TWO magnetix items....they attach together inside the stomach and can pinch off your intestines and blood flow. The Posion Control guy told me that after he asked me about 25 times if I was absolutely positive he did not swallow two.....maybe these should be recalled?!?!?!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Java Mom said...

OM goodness......I bet it's so sad to hear him every second asking you about it....but sometimes that's all it takes for them to NOT do something again.....poor buddy!!!!

All I really need to know is if it passed or not.....no poop details needed...hahahahaha

Have a BLAST in L.A. !!!!!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Awww, poor Josh! I hope things have "passed" and he is feeling better on vacation! Hope you guys are having fun!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home