Tuesday, February 27, 2007

SO, MY PROBLEM IS...

...a bulging disc in my neck! As most of you know, I woke up two weeks ago today with a stiff neck. The next day I couldn't even get out of bed (yes, on my 3rd day of my new job!) and Joe had to take me to Urgent Care. Since that Dr. visit it has not gotten any better...the pain has moved from my neck and back into my left arm. It's quite painful and no pain medication seems to be working. The pain in my arm also includes my index finger being numb. So, back to the Dr. He says it's a bulging disc beteween my L4 &L5 (I think thats what he called them??) vertebrae in my neck picnching the nerve leading into my index finger. He wants to try oral steriods for 5 days to see if that helps. If not, we will go over next set of options. Possibly, steroid injection into the neck and Physical Therapy. His last resort is to have an MRI done, because by doing that they aren't checking to see what's wrong they are checking to see what they will do...i.e. surgery. So, everyone keep their fingers crossed that it goes away these next five days so I don't have to have an MRI!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Java Mom said...

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed and praying that it gets better my friend!!!!!!!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Hoping you feel better real soon!!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home