Friday, December 15, 2006

MY PAY IT FORWARD CHALLENGE!

** THIS WILL STAY AT THE TOP FOR AWHILE **

Okay, did anyone watch Oprah today? I only catch Oprah once in awhile and today was one of those days and it was awesome! Awhile back Oprah gave each person in her studio audience a $1000 BofA giftcard to spend on a complete stranger within a week. Today the same studio audience came back to tell their story of how they used it. It was such an inspiring episode! If you missed it and don't have it Tivo'd you can go to Oprah's website here to watch and read about all the stories! It's definetly a must see or read!!

This episode reminds me of a little something that happened to me about 2-3 weeks ago. I was in the drive thru at Starbucks, ordered my usual Venti Mocha, got up to the window to pay and the sweet Barista told me that the lady in front of me had paid for my order! I was completely shocked, she was a complete stranger because I remember sitting there looking at her car and not knowing who it was. In a small town like where I live chances are pretty good you know the person in front or behind you, but I specifically remember not knowing who it was! So, after chatting with the drive thru Barista about it she told me this happens every now and then and one time it went on for about 30 minutes straight during her shift. So, I paid for the person behind me and from there I'm not sure how far it went! Anyways, something so simple as that completely made my day and I think about it every time I go thru Starbucks now!

So, this is MY PAY IT FORWARD CHALLENGE FOR YOU!!! Next time you are at Starbucks, McD's or wherever make the day of the person behind you! Or anything else you may think of...give a complete stranger $10 bucks in the parking lot or buy some flowers and put them on someones front porch, buy a book at the bookstore or toy at the toystore and give to a child in the parking lot, anything, just PAY IT FORWARD!!! I know we all don't have the $1000 like Oprah, but anything small and simple will make the day of a complete stranger I guarantee it!! Then, leave a comment and share your story!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun to me!!!!

I always used to pay for the person behind me going over the tool booths in the Bay Area...

I will have to think of something fun for this challenge!!1

6:27 AM  
Blogger E's Mom said...

I caught her show yesterday too. I got me thinking about if I had $1000 how would I use it to help others.

I'm in on the challenge!!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Wink said...

What a great idea! It makes me feel good to hear that people kept it up for 30 minutes in the Starbucks line. Gives me faith in people!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I helped out a flustered mom yesterday who was trying to chase her 2 year old in high heels and holding 2 coffee's also!!!

I didn't really use any sort of currancy for this "pay it forward" but she was very appreciative that I helped her get her son to the car.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Mom2DraBrittGunn said...

Well, I am working on it! Nobody is ever behind me anywhere ever! Keep you posted!

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home